This year we are combining two events: “4th Annual SharePoint Saturday
” and “3rd Annual Cloud Saturday
” into one event under one roof! The event will be held on May 20th, 2017
at the DeVry University
located at 1221 N Swift Rd, Addison, IL 60101. The event will run from 8:30 am ~ 3:30 pm.
The event is a community-focused event dedicated to educate and engage members of the local technical community. SharePoint Saturday and Cloud Saturday draws upon the expertise of local IT Professionals, Users of Technology, Developers and Solution Architects who come together to share their real-world experiences, lessons learned, best practices, and general knowledge with other like-minded individuals.
A Practical Approach to Great User Adoption - User Definition and User Interface Design Workshops
Track: IT Pro, Developer, End-User, Business
Step 1 – Hands on Workshop with attendees to Define Users and Groups
• Core UI and UX questions
• Basic User Needs
• Emotional Language
• Tribal Behaviors
• Conditioned Responses
• Red Flags during Q and A to look for when gathering User Definition Data
• A quick demo of Analytic and Metric Gathering Tools.
Step 2 – Create Mock User Personas based on a PPT template, passed out digitally or projected with attendees
• In this step we will be talking about User Personas and the difference between Macro and Micro scales.
Step 3 – Low Fidelity Wireframe Sketches
• Building Upon what was learned in the previous steps in understanding our user base and their needs and motivations
• Key take away is stakeholder engagement through visual problem solving.
• Conversation and explanation about popular User Interface Patterns
• Slides showing Wireframe Sketches, with possible crowd involvement in which presenter and crowd communally create a home page together.
• Digital white board and Paper breakout sessions.
• Level: Intermediate
• Audience: Developer Essentials, Architecture Essentials
Senior User Experience Engineer